2019 Complete Guide for Interventional Radiology (Spiral)
Optum360 | 2019
Interventional radiology and cardiology coding can baffle even the most experienced coders. Developed to simplify coding for imaging-assisted surgical services, the Complete Guide for Interventional Radiology is a resource that provides specific direction for coding complex interventional procedures with guidelines and references for both physicians and facility-based institutions. Includes diagrams and colored images.
- ICD-10-CM, CPT®, and HCPCS Level II information specific to interventional radiology and cardiology. Save time by reviewing only the code sets related to interventional procedures.
- Current coding and billing regulations. Make the most appropriate code selection for interventional procedures with the most up-to-date information, codes, reimbursement guidance, and tips.
- Additional anatomical diagrams added. Provides a better understanding of the medical procedures referenced by the codes and data. The graphics offer coders a visual link between the technical language of the operative report and the cryptic descriptions accompanying the codes.
- Medicare Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits. Reduce the risk of audits and spend less time correcting claims by identifying which coding combinations cannot be billed together.
- Case examples. Learn through real-world scenarios of interventional procedures based on common methods of practice. Reportable codes are indicated to provide an understanding of code selection based on documentation for both the physician and the facility.
- Benchmarking information. Optimize revenue for your facility with detailed data on often-overlooked codes while capturing all charges possible and allowable.
- Facility coding tips. Provides information on how codes should be used, as well as when not to use a code, plus other codes frequently associated with the procedure, HCPCS codes reported instead of or in addition to the procedure, and modifier assignment.
- Overview of Physician Quality Reporting Initiative (PQRI). Includes quality measures and coding tips for physicians.
- Physician payment methodology. Get all the details on how payment is established or determined.
- Detailed information regarding radiology services. Learn the difference in modifier reporting for radiology procedures where the physician provides the supervision and interpretation versus the procedure itself.
- Summaries of anti-kickback laws and Stark legislation. Review Stark legislation history and regulations to help understand patient referrals and services provided.
- Physician coding tips. Provides information on how the code should be used, provides related CPT® codes, and offers help concerning common billing errors and modifier usage.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.