2019 Almanac of Hospital Financial & Operating Indicators
Optum360 | 2019
Comprehensive financial benchmarking of the nation's hospitals. The Almanac of Hospital Financial & Operating Indicators provides a comprehensive analysis of the financial and operating performance of U.S. hospitals and five-year trend information on more than 70 important financial measures. Comparable publications maintain only Medicare cost report records. The Almanac of Hospital Financial & Operating Indicators offers a unique database collected directly from three trusted sources:
- Audited Financial Hospital Statements
- Clinical data files (OPSAF, MEDPAR, All Payer)
- Medicare’s Cost Reports (HCRIS)
• Identify your facility’s strengths and weaknesses. Compare your hospital’s data with many peer groups such as: Revenue, Region, Bed Size, Facility Type, Quality Score, State, National groups and many more.
• Access financial indicators and ratios such as: Total Margin, Current ratio, Profit per Discharge, Revenue per Bed, Staffing Levels, Length of Stay and more.
• The Almanac is the largest hospital database of its kind. References independently collected audited hospital financial statements and roughly 6,000 U.S. hospital’s Medicare cost report along with clinical data files.
• Determine how managed care levels affect your profitability and outcomes. Identify managed care penetration.
• Know where to allocate your hospital’s resources. Compare your performance against established industry benchmarks.
The electronic format offers a PDF download of the almanac and online access to all of the Almanac reports. These reports show which hospitals contributed to the financial ratio and their facility specific ratio. A link is also provided that allows you to view Medicare Cost Report data by hospital for every hospital in the nation required to report this information to CMS.