2019 ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals (Spiral)
Optum360 | 2019 |
The ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals with our hallmark features and format makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. The hospital edition contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC), major comorbidities/complications (MCC), and principal diagnoses (PDx) as their own CC/MCC. Also identified are Hospital Acquired Conditions (HAC) and CMS Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC). Supplementary appendixes available only in the Expert edition include: POA coding and reporting tutorial; pharmacology listings of common drugs with therapeutic classes and indications; and code lists for CC, MCC and PDx CC/MCC.
All 2019 ICD-10-CM for Hospitals code books will include guidelines.
• New — Optum360 Edge — Coding Tips. Specific coding tips for acute care hospitals.
• New — Optum360 Edge — More Definitions. More diagnostic terms are defined.
• New — Optum360 Edge — Complete list of code changes. All 2019 new, revised, and deleted codes listed in the front of the book.
• New — Optum360 Edge — Severe Wound Diagnoses. New icon identifies complex and severe wounds for Medicare LTCH guidelines.
• Optum360 Edge — Downloadable files. CC Excludes PDx collection, POA exempt codes.
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Includes all of the Optum360 visual alerts, including our hallmark color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, MCEs, CC, MCC, PDx CC/MCC, HAC, HCC, and manifestation codes.
• Optum360 Edge — Snap-in tabs. Quickly reference index sections, tabular chapters, and appendixes.
Peggy Willard, CCS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Ms. Willard’s expertise is ICD-10-CM and PCS including in-depth analysis of medical record documentation, ICD-10-CM/PCS code and DRG assignment. In recent years she has been responsible for the creation and development of several print products and e-books designed to assist with appropriate application of ICD-10-CM and PCS coding system. Ms. Willard has several years of prior experience in Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma hospital coding, specializing in ICD-9-CM, DRG, and CPT coding with emphasis in conducting coding audits, and conducting coding training for coding staff and clinical documentation specialists. Ms. Willard is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Minnesota Health Information Management Association (MHIMA).