2020 ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals with Guidelines (Softbound)
Optum360 | 2020 |
The ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals with 2020 Guidelines, with our hallmark features and format makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier for acute care and long term care hospitals (LTCH). This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC), major comorbidities/complications (MCC). Also identified are Hospital Acquired Conditions (HAC) and CMS Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC).
Updated 2020 coding guidelines bound in the book. Delivery before October 1, 2018 is dependent on when the updated coding guidelines are released. Delivery may be delayed beyond the October 1, 2018 effective date.
• NEW — Optum360 Edge — Coding Tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, with more new coding tips added to assist you in appropriate code selection.
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Includes all of the Optum360 visual alerts, including our hallmark color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, MCEs, CC, MCC, HAC, HCC, severe wound diagnosis for LTCH and more.
• Optum360 Edge — More Definitions. More clinical definitions are added for a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
• List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2020 new, revised, and deleted codes to identify at a glance code changes for your specialty. Plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
• Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
Peggy Willard, CCS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Ms. Willard’s expertise is ICD-10-CM and PCS including in-depth analysis of medical record documentation, ICD-10-CM/PCS code and DRG assignment. In recent years she has been responsible for the creation and development of several print products and e-books designed to assist with appropriate application of ICD-10-CM and PCS coding system. Ms. Willard has several years of prior experience in Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma hospital coding, specializing in ICD-9-CM, DRG, and CPT coding with emphasis in conducting coding audits, and conducting coding training for coding staff and clinical documentation specialists. Ms. Willard is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Minnesota Health Information Management Association (MHIMA).