2021 ICD-10-CM Professional Hospital with Guidelines (Softbound)
Optum360 | 2021 |
The ICD-10-CM Professional for Hospitals, with 2021 Guidelines, with our hallmark features and format, makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier for acute care and long-term care hospitals (LTCH). This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC) and major comorbidities/complications (MCC). Also identified are hospital acquired conditions (HAC) and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC).
Delivery might be delayed beyond the October 1, 2020 effective date. Delivery is dependent on when the updated Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2021 are released from CMS.
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols, that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, HCCs, QPP, and unspecified codes.
• Updated — Coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated and assist in appropriate code selection.
• Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions have been added for a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
• List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2021 new, revised, and deleted codes to identify at a glance code changes for your specialty. Plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
• Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
• Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
• Downloadable files. CMS updates received after this ICD-10-CM Expert goes to print, including MCCs, CC Excludes PDx collection, and POA exempt codes.
Peggy Willard, CCS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Ms. Willard’s expertise is ICD-10-CM and PCS including in-depth analysis of medical record documentation, ICD-10-CM/PCS code and DRG assignment. In recent years she has been responsible for the creation and development of several print products and e-books designed to assist with appropriate application of ICD-10-CM and PCS coding system. Ms. Willard has several years of prior experience in Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma hospital coding, specializing in ICD-9-CM, DRG, and CPT coding with emphasis in conducting coding audits, and conducting coding training for coding staff and clinical documentation specialists. Ms. Willard is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Minnesota Health Information Management Association (MHIMA).