2020 Current Procedural Coding Expert Professional (Softbound)
Optum360 | 2020 |
Turn to the resource that goes beyond basic coding with the Current Procedural Coding Expert, your CPT® coding resource. Equipped with the entire 2020 CPT® code set with easy-to-use coding includes and excludes notes for coding guidance and Medicare icons for speedy coding, billing, and reimbursement, this easy-to-navigate resource will benefit physician practices, outpatient hospitals, and ASCs. You will also find a comprehensive listing of annual code additions, changes, deletions, and reinstatements in the appendix; new code icons and notes; plus reimbursement information and mid-year changes not found in the American Medical Association’s (AMA) CPT® codebooks.
• Optum360 Edge — Code-specific definitions, rules, and references. Reference comprehensive information compiled from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the AMA, Optum360, and other sources to assist with accurate coding and speed reimbursement.
• Icons/color bars. Familiar icons or color bars used for new, revised, add on, re-sequenced, telemedicine and for correct modifier usage. Also identify which new or revised CPT® codes are valid, but not in the current CPT® book.
• Extensive user-friendly index. Find codes in a flash with our accurate and expansive alphabetic index with terms listed in a variety of ways.
• CCI edit icon. Quickly identify those CPT® codes with corresponding CCI edits.
• Evaluation and Management appendix. Easy-to-use grids and extended guidelines to facilitate E&M code selection.
• New, Changed, and Deleted codes appendix. Easily identify changes to CPT® code descriptions, including code changes made mid-year by the AMA not found in the AMA’s CPT® codebook.
• CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of a CPT® code exists in the AMA’s CPT® Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
• Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) appendix. Improve claims accuracy by ensuring CMS compliance through easy-to-access codes and their associated MUE units.
• Medicare coverage rules with icons and IOM references. Understand which CMS policies apply to CPT® codes prior to claim submission. Some of these icons include ASC payment and OPPS status indicators and IOM policies.
• Facility and non-facility RVUs and global/follow-up days. Evaluate your fees, and understand the impact on standard post procedure coverage
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
• Modifier appendix. Includes CPT® and HCPCS Level II modifiers and descriptions for easy reference for Medicare coding.
• Brand-name vaccinations associated with CPT® codes. Vaccine names are listed by the CPT® code to aid accurate coding for medications.
• Appendix with codes used to report inpatient procedures only. Avoid payment denials by making coding errors.
• Glossary of terms. Increase your understanding of coding, billing, and reimbursement terms to improve coding accuracy.
• Softbound. Less bulky for travel and easy-to-see title on your bookshelf.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Karen Kachur, RN, CPC
Ms. Kachur is a clinical/technical editor for Optum360 with expertise in CPT/HCPCS, ICD-10-CM/PCS and ICD-9-CM coding, in addition to physician billing, compliance, and fraud and abuse. Prior to joining Optum360, she worked for many years as a staff RN in a variety of clinical settings including medicine, surgery, intensive care, psychiatry, and geriatrics. Ms. Kachur has served as assistant director of a hospital utilization management and quality assurance department. She also has extensive experience as a nurse reviewer for Blue Cross/Blue Shield. She is an active member of the American Academy of Professional Coders.