HCPCS Level II Professional (Softbound)
Optum360 | 2020 |
Accurately report supplies and services for physician, hospital outpatient, and ASC settings with the 2020 HCPCS Level II Professional. Use this comprehensive reference for the HCPCS code set that focuses on management of reimbursement. This user-friendly book will guide any coder confidently through current modifiers, code changes, additions and deletions with information as dictated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
• Comprehensive annual code updates.
• Code level documentation tips. When appropriate, guidance is provided to assist correct coding.
• APC status indicators and ASC designation symbols. Determine which codes are payable under OPPS and which codes enable billing using ASC groupings, as well as how to accurately use each to help ensure appropriate billing and reimbursement.
• Comprehensive Drug Information. The C and J code sections include a listing of a common drug(s) to be used for that code. Also, as needed, a coding tip and/or drug notation is provided.
• DMEPOS icon. Distinguish codes paid under the DMEPOS fee schedule to improve efficiency when coding for supplies that should be submitted under the system to durable medical payers.
• In-depth illustrations. Enhance your coding process and accuracy for supplies and services with detailed visual references.
• AHA Coding Clinic for HCPCS references. Receive additional support with articles on
difficult-to-code HCPCS Level II codes or sections.
• Color-coded bars and icons. Spot important information to help reduce inaccurate and denied claims with informative flags signaling Internet Only Manuals (IOM, formerly Pub. 100) references, age and gender edits, quantity alerts, new/deleted/revised code changes and government coverage and rules for each code.
• User-friendly appendixes. Navigate additional information easily with structured references and excerpts, including a comprehensive drug table, IOM references, acronyms/abbreviations, and modifiers.
Elizabeth Leibold, RHIT
Ms. Leibold has expertise in hospital outpatient coding and compliance. Her experience includes conducting coding audits and providing staff education to both tenured and new coding staff. She has a background in professional component coding, with CPT expertise in interventional procedures. Most recently Ms. Leibold was responsible for outpatient coding audits and compliance for a health information management services company. She is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).