2020 Coding and Payment Guide for the Physical Therapist
Optum360 | 2020 |
The Coding and Payment Guide for the Physical Therapist is your one-stop coding, reimbursement and documentation resource developed exclusively for physical therapy. Co-produced with the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), this comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2020 and organized by specialty-specific CPT® codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tips, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
• Optum360 Edge—Coproduced with APTA. The only resource for the physical therapist produced with the American Physical Therapy Association.
• Code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, and add-on procedure codes related to your specialty. Now includes an icon identifying ICD-10-CM codes that identify right, left or bilateral options.
• CPT® Assistant references. Identify that an article or discussion of the CPT® code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT® Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
• Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT® full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, clinical terms, Medicare IOM references, CPT® Assistant references, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
• Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references from Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery and modifier usage.
• CCI edits. Includes section with CCI Edits for CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes with quarterly updates available online.
• Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility for CPT® codes are included.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations for a better understanding of therapy services.