2021 ICD-10-PCS Expert (eBook)
Optum360 | 2021 |
The ICD-10-PCS Professional is our original softbound version with the complete ICD-10-PCS code set and all of the supplementary appendixes required for reporting of inpatient procedures. In addition, you will find the familiar Optum360 coding and reimbursement alerts you have come to rely upon including the Medicare Code Edits (MCE) for the ICD-10 MS-DRG reimbursement system.
Intuitively organized into 17 sections of code tables with supplementary definitions tables and device and body part keys, the Optum360 ICD-10-PCS codebook sets the standard for coding accuracy, which is the cornerstone of healthcare analytics and revenue cycle management.
• Optum360 Edge — Color-coding and symbols for Medicare Code Edits. Includes our hallmark color-coding and symbols identifying ICD-10 MS-DRG MCEs for non-covered procedures, limited coverage procedures, combination only procedures, non-operating room procedures affecting MS-DRG assignment, non-operating room procedures NOT affecting MS-DRG assignment, and hospital acquired condition (HAC) related procedures.
• Approach illustrations. The approach illustrations show components that determine the approach, including access location, method, and instrumentation.
• Body part definitions included in root operation tables. All terms listed in the body part definition appendix are included in the root operation tables for the Medical/Surgical section eliminating the need to reference the appendixes when selecting the correct body part value.
• Illustrations. Illustrations of body parts with body part values accompany the Character Meaning tables in the Medical/Surgical section.
• Procedure combination tables. Identify ICD-10-PCS code combination requirements needed to satisfy certain MS-DRG requirements.
Peggy Willard, CCS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Ms. Willard’s expertise is ICD-10-CM and PCS including in-depth analysis of medical record documentation, ICD-10-CM/PCS code and DRG assignment. In recent years she has been responsible for the creation and development of several print products and e-books designed to assist with appropriate application of ICD-10-CM and PCS coding system. Ms. Willard has several years of prior experience in Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma hospital coding, specializing in ICD-9-CM, DRG, and CPT coding with emphasis in conducting coding audits, and conducting coding training for coding staff and clinical documentation specialists. Ms. Willard is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Minnesota Health Information Management Association (MHIMA).