2020 Understanding Modifiers
Optum360 | 2020 |
Understanding Modifiers uses actual medical records to outline in detail how to document services and apply the correct modifiers. This book was developed as an educational tool for physicians and their staff, as well as billers and coders of hospital outpatient services and ASC services.
- Optum360 Edge — Includes all AMA CPT® modifier updates, as well as HCPCS Level II modifiers.
- Optum360 Edge — Educational format. Easy-to-use format for every experience level, for use in the classroom or on the job.
- Optum360 Edge — Internet resources. Supplies all of the up-to-date links a coder needs to find accurate modifier information online.
- Optum360 Edge — Decision tree flow charts. Coders learn how to choose the correct modifier when more than one could apply.
- Optum360 Edge — Real-life clinical examples. Reduce claim denials by learning from correctly used modifiers and completed CMS-1500 forms.
- Includes 2020 changes to modifiers and their guidelines.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Karen Prescott Adkins, CPC, CPC-I, CSS-P
Ms. Adkins has more than 18 years of experience in the health care profession. She has an extensive background in professional component coding and billing. Her prior experience includes establishing and maintaining a coding and billing service, directing physician practice start-ups, functioning as director of physician credentialing, negotiating insurance contracts, and functioning as a health care consultant. Her areas of expertise include coding and reimbursement, documentation education, compliance, practice management, and revenue cycle management. Ms. Adkins is a member of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), and the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).