2022 Complete Guide for Interventional Radiology
Optum360 | 2022 |
Interventional radiology and cardiology coding can baffle even the most experienced coders. Developed to simplify coding for imaging-assisted surgical services, the Complete Guide for Interventional Radiology is a resource that provides specific direction for coding complex interventional procedures with guidelines and references for both physicians and facility-based institutions. Includes diagrams and colored images.
- ICD-10-CM, CPT®, and HCPCS Level II information specific to interventional radiology and cardiology. Save time by reviewing only the code sets related to interventional procedures.
- Current coding and billing regulations. Make the most appropriate code selection for interventional procedures with the most up-to-date information, codes, reimbursement guidance, and tips.
- Additional anatomical diagrams added. Provides a better understanding of the medical procedures referenced by the codes and data. The graphics offer coders a visual link between the technical language of the operative report and the cryptic descriptions accompanying the codes.
- Medicare Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits. Reduce the risk of audits and spend less time correcting claims by identifying which coding combinations cannot be billed together.
- Case examples. Learn through real-world scenarios of interventional procedures based on common methods of practice. Reportable codes are indicated to illustrate code selection based on documentation for both the physician and the facility.
- Benchmarking information. Optimize revenue for your facility with detailed data on often-overlooked codes while capturing all charges possible and allowable.
- Facility coding tips. Provides information on how codes should be used, as well as when not to use a code, plus other codes frequently associated with the procedure, HCPCS codes reported instead of or in addition to the procedure, and modifier assignment.
- Physician payment methodology. Get all the details on how payment is established or determined.
- Detailed information regarding radiology services. Learn the difference in modifier reporting for radiology procedures for which the physician provides the supervision and interpretation versus the procedure itself.
- Summaries of anti-kickback laws and Stark legislation. Review Stark legislation history and regulations to help understand patient referrals and services provided.
- Physician coding tips. Provides information on how the code should be used, lists related CPT® codes, and offers help concerning common billing errors and modifier usage.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Leanne Patterson, CPC
Ms. Patterson has more than 15 years of experience in the healthcare profession. She has an extensive background in professional component coding, with expertise in E/M coding and auditing, and HIPAA compliance. Her experience includes general surgery coding, serving as Director of Compliance, conducting chart-to-claim audits, and physician education. She has been responsible for coding and denial management in large multi-specialty physician practices, and most recently has been part of a team developing content for educational products related to ICD-10-CM. Ms. Patterson is credentialed by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC).