2022 ICD-10-CM Expert for Home Health and Hospice with Guidelines (Spiral)
Optum360 | 2022 |
The 2022 ICD-10-CM Expert for Home Health and Hospice with Guidelines, with our hallmark features and format, makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. Use the codebook that contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set and the familiar Optum360 coding and reimbursement alerts for home health and hospice, including color bars and symbols that identify diagnosis codes for case mix, non-routine supplies, and non-cancer hospice diagnoses. Now with coding tips and definitions specific to home health and hospice.
Delivery might be delayed beyond the October 1, 2020 effective date. Delivery is dependent on when the updated Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2021 are released from CMS.
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, and more.
• Supplementary appendixes. Additional information covering home health and hospice prospective payment systems, quality initiatives, supplies OASIS, and case mix groups.
• Coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated and assist in appropriate code selection.
• Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions help provide a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
• Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
• List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2022 new, revised, and deleted codes, plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
• Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, including chapter-specific coding examples.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus, many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
• Snap tabs. Easy to use tabs fit the spiral binding providing reference index sections, tabular chapters, and appendixes.
Leanne Patterson, CPC
Ms. Patterson has more than 15 years of experience in the healthcare profession. She has an extensive background in professional component coding, with expertise in E/M coding and auditing, and HIPAA compliance. Her experience includes general surgery coding, serving as Director of Compliance, conducting chart-to-claim audits, and physician education. She has been responsible for coding and denial management in large multi-specialty physician practices, and most recently has been part of a team developing content for educational products related to ICD-10-CM. Ms. Patterson is credentialed by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
Anita Schmidt, BS, RHIT, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Ms. Schmidt has expertise in Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma hospital coding, specializing in ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG, and CPT coding. Her experience includes analysis of medical record documentation, assignment of ICD-10-CM and PCS codes, DRG validation, as well as CPT code assignments for same-day surgery cases. She has conducted coding training and auditing, including DRG validation, conducted electronic health record training, and worked with clinical documentation specialists to identify documentation needs and potential areas for physician education. Most recently she has been developing content for resource and educational products related to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. Ms. Schmidt is an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Minnesota Health Information Management Association (MHIMA).