2021 Auditors’ Desk Reference
Optum360 | 2021 |
• Optum360 Edge—Get online access to customizable audit worksheets. Protect your revenue critical services and procedures.
• Conduct skilled internal audits. Ensure proper reimbursement.
• Differentiate between similar procedures. Compare and contrast seemingly similar, but different, procedures.
• Completely updated for code set and regulatory changes.
• Provides coders with an auditor’s perspective. Know the clinical detail, regulatory instructions, and coding protocol needed for code assignment, by individual code and code groupings.
• Know what information needs to be in the medical record and on the claim form to capture appropriate reimbursement.
• Know the key terms that need to be mentioned in the medical record. Support code assignment.
• See the medical conditions that are indicated for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
• Get valuable code intelligence. Confirm correct code assignment.
• Train your staff. This resource is thorough and can easily be used to train staff how to code. It contains decision-making trees to assign correct modifiers and much more. Supports Best Practices.
Nichole VanHorn, CPC, CCS-P
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.