2021 Coding Companion® for ENT/Allergy/Pulmonology
Optum360 | 2021 |
Consolidate the coding process with the Coding Companion, your one-stop coding resource developed exclusively for ENT, allergy and pulmonology. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2021 and organized by specialty-specific CPT® codes. Each CPT® code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits, relative value units, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
- NEW – ICD-10-CM code icons. Icons identifying male- and female-only codes, as well as age-related and laterality diagnosis codes.
- Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, and add-on procedure codes, making your coding process quick and efficient.
- Evaluation and management Services. Evaluation and management codes commonly used in your specialty are now included with their official description and lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits, and relative value units.
- CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT® code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT® Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility are included.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided with the CPT® code, including illustrations, lay descriptions, coding tips, clinical terms, Medicare RVUs and Internet Only Manual (IOM) references and commonly associated ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references to IOM guidelines, follow-up days and assistant-at-surgery.
- CCI edits by CPT® and HCPCS procedure code. CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes with their associated CCI edits are provided in a special section. Quarterly updates are available online.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Leanne Patterson, CPC
Ms. Patterson has more than 15 years of experience in the healthcare profession. She has an extensive background in professional component coding, with expertise in E/M coding and auditing, and HIPAA compliance. Her experience includes general surgery coding, serving as Director of Compliance, conducting chart-to-claim audits, and physician education. She has been responsible for coding and denial management in large multi-specialty physician practices, and most recently has been part of a team developing content for educational products related to ICD-10-CM. Ms. Patterson is credentialed by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC).