2020 Coders’ Desk Reference for ICD-10-CM Diagnoses (eBook)
Optum360 | 2020 |
With these clinical definitions and focus points, you can reduce coding errors and improve coding confidence by gaining a better understanding of the clinical meanings behind the codes.
• Optum360 Edge — Illustrations at the code level. Often an illustration is needed to enhance understanding. Illustrations of pertinent anatomy and pathological changes related to the disease process are included as a visual aid.
• Optum360 Edge — Code level clinical description. Code level descriptions are provided for select diseases, injuries, symptoms, other factors influencing health status, and other reasons for contact with health care providers.
• Optum360 Edge — Clinical focus points. Improve overall coding accuracy with additional information for complex diagnoses and injuries that require an understanding of related codes and conditions that might better describe the documented condition.
• Alphanumeric organization by ICD-10-CM code. Locate codes quickly with a resource developed to work hand-in-hand with your Optum360 ICD-10-CM codebook.
• Enhance understanding of ICD-10-CM. Understanding the clinical condition captured by each code is essential to correct code assignment, and this resource is designed to explain and highlight differences between codes that may appear similar at first glance.
• Designed for both novices and seasoned coders. Coders of every skill level find that these clinical descriptions enhance understanding of ICD-10-CM.
Peggy Willard, CCS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Ms. Willard’s expertise is ICD-10-CM and PCS including in-depth analysis of medical record documentation, ICD-10-CM/PCS code and DRG assignment. In recent years she has been responsible for the creation and development of several print products and e-books designed to assist with appropriate application of ICD-10-CM and PCS coding system. Ms. Willard has several years of prior experience in Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma hospital coding, specializing in ICD-9-CM, DRG, and CPT coding with emphasis in conducting coding audits, and conducting coding training for coding staff and clinical documentation specialists. Ms. Willard is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Minnesota Health Information Management Association (MHIMA).