2022 Coding and Payment Guide for Medical Oncology/Hematology Services
Optum360 | 2022 |
- Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, add-on, and telemedicine procedure codes, making your coding process for procedures and E/M services quick and efficient.
- ICD-10-CM code icons. Icons identifying male and female only codes, as well as age-related and laterality diagnosis codes.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with the total RVUs for non-facility and facility are included.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided with the CPT® code, including illustrations, lay descriptions, coding tips, clinical terms, Medicare RVUs and IOM references, and commonly associated ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes.
- Evaluation and Management services. Evaluation and Management codes commonly used in your specialty are now included with their official description and lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits, and relative value units.
- Customized HCPCS Level II Section. HCPCS codes and a chemotherapy drug table included for easy reference.
- CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT® code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references to Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery.
- CCI edits by CPT® and HCPCS procedure code. CPT® and HCPCS procedure codes with their associated CCI edits are provided in a special section. Quarterly updates are available online.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustration section for a better understanding of anatomy.
- Customized ICD-10-CM Neoplasm Table. Provides an alphabetic listing directly from the 2022 ICD-10-CM table of malignant neoplasms.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Anita Schmidt, BS, RHIA, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Ms. Schmidt has expertise in ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG, and CPT® with more than 15 years’ experience in coding in multiple settings, including inpatient, observation, and same-day surgery. Her experience includes analysis of medical record documentation, assignment of ICD-10-CM and PCS codes, and DRG validation. She has conducted training for ICD-10-CM/PCS and electronic health record. She has also collaborated with clinical documentation specialists to identify documentation needs and potential areas for physician education. Most recently she has been developing content for resource and educational products related to ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, DRG, and CPT®. Ms. Schmidt is an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS trainer and is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Minnesota Health Information Management Association (MHIMA).
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.